Houseboat Terms and Conditions
We are pleased to accommodate you during your stay in San Diego. We take pride in our Houseboat and have tried to anticipate our guests every need. We are confident that the Spirit of San Diego will prevail during your stay. Below are the terms and conditions concerning your stay aboard our boat.
- Reservation Confirmation – All reservations must be approved by Zolna Yachts management. Online reservation & deposit will hold your time period but final confirmation is subject to review & approval of Zolna Yachts. Any deposit for a rejected reservation will be fully refunded.
- Houseboat Check in and Check out -We do not have an office at the marina. You must arrange your check in time with us 48 hours in advance of your arrival, to schedule your check-in meeting and your cruise. Call us at at 858-688-1063 or 858-688-2694. Check out time is 11:00 AM.
- All rates subject to additioanl fees – Houseboats at 15% and Private Yachts for charter at 10%. The Nerissa has a rate of 25% which includes the yacht 10% port fees & 15% crew gratuity.
- Advance Deposit and Prepayment of Rental Charges – A twenty percent (20%) advance payment is required with your lodging reservation. Full prepayment of your rental charge is due 30 days prior to arrival. The Nerissa requires a fifty percent (50%) advance payment and full prepayment of your rental charge is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- Remote Pickup – Marina rules may require us to only provide remote pickup for certain charter yachts. Remote pickup means that we will pickup your group for a charter at a different location other than the marina where the yacht is docked. There are various locations around San Diego Bay that can provide remote pickup of guests. Zolna Yachts will contact you prior to your charter to arrange a remote pickup location that best suits you. There will be an additional charge when remote pickup is required.
- Refund/Cancellation Policy – A 5% fee is applied to all cancelled reservations. For cancellations received within 60 days of arrival or after arrival date, payments will be retained. If the yacht can be re-rented, a pro-rata refund may be issued. Cancellations received at least 60 days prior to arrival will be refunded less a 5% cancellation fee. The Nerissa cancellation policy is unique and can be viewed here.
- Minimum Stay – A minimum two (2) night stay is required for all overnight houseboat lodging.
- Cleaning Charges – All overnight lodging stays require a non-refundable exit cleaning charge which is NOT included in the overnight rental charge, and will be charged separately. Additional maid service is available at an additional charge upon request. Charter cruises do NOT have additional cleaning charges.
- Additional Guests – An additional guest fee applies to overnight guests beyond the standard occupancy reservation as well as any visitors during your stay per day. All guests/visitors must register with Zolna Yachts management.
- Open Bar Service – An open bar service is available aboard the Nerissa yacht. We offer both Top Shelf Service (water/sodas, craft beer, premium wine & premium branded alcohol) and Standard Shelf Service (water/sodas, domestic beer, house wine & house alcohol). Both levels of service include a bartender. Open bar service is offered in one, two and three hours in duration and is priced per person. Bar service beyond the purchased open bar service duration will be offered as a cash or tab bar service only.
- Gratuity – A gratuity is NOT included in the price of your charter cruise with the exception of the Nerissa. If you are happy with service during your charter, please consider a gratuity for the Captain & crew.
- All rates and fees are subject to change.
- Absolutely no additional guests are allowed aboard the Houseboat who have not been booked in advance, or have made special arrangements with the yacht manager directly. Unauthorized guests that you allow on marina property or aboard our yachts will be considered trespassers.
- The total number of guests and visitors to the houseboat must be determined upon booking the reservation or in writing prior to the time of check-in with the manager. Due to the extra expenses and maintenance, regardless of how much time they plan to stay aboard, if your visitors/guests are approved by the manager, you may be charged $39 per person per day for all visitors/guests. Manager reserves the right to ask unauthorized visitors/guests to leave at any time, may cancel the reservation without refund or agree to allow these visitors/guests to stay with the payment as stated above.
- NO SMOKING on any of our boats or on the deck. You must get off the boat to smoke and dispose of butts in an appropriate manner. Do not dump into the marina’s waters.
- No Candles – No flame lit candles are allowed on the yachts as these constitute a fie hazard. Flameless battery powered candles are allowed.
- No Pets – No pets are allowed.
- Conserve Energy – For overnight guests, turn off air conditioning, heating and lights when you leave.
- Any notice of violations we receive may result in eviction and fines from the marina which may result to you being responsible for any consequential damages and additional charges.
- No Shoes Policy – Observe boating etiquette by removing your shoes while aboard.
- Toilets – Do Not Flush ANYTHING that doesn’t come from your body. This includes toilet paper, hair, floss, sanitary products, etc. Boats have delicate septic systems and need to be treated very gently. Number 2 when possible and practical should be done in the marina’s bathrooms.
- Clean up all spills immediately.
- Do not sit on furniture with wet swimsuits or suntan oil. Please be careful with pens and ink. Salt water can be rinsed off with the fresh water hose located on the outside deck.
- Do not hang wet clothing or towels over any of the sides of the boat. We provide drying racks for that purpose.
- Empty trash into the large trash containers located by the entrance gate to the docks. Keep our waters beautiful by never throwing your trash overboard.
- Watch your children carefully – Many of the cabinets and storage closets are within reach. Never let them roam alone anywhere aboard or on the docks.
- If you leave food open, our Seagulls will become your house guests. Please cover and refrigerate all food. Do not leave behind any food when you leave.
- Boating and being on the water is a dangerous activity for which the lessee assumes the risk of. Because boats move in the water with waves and tides extreme care must be taken in boarding and departing the vessel. It is extremely dangerous to mix boating and being on a boat with alcohol. NO NON-PRESCRIPTION DRUGS ARE EVER ALLOWED ON THE YACHT!
- Assumption of Risk and Agreement to Indemnify and Hold Yacht Owner Harmless – The undersigned assumes all risk of any kind associated with occupying, boarding and departing the Houseboat, including injury or death that the undersigned might suffer by virtue of the undersigned’s boarding or departing the boat, slipping and falling on the boat, or by being a lessee, occupant or passenger on the boat at any other time on any body of water whether the boat is moving or tied to the dock. Further, the undersigned will indemnify and hold harmless, and agrees to indemnify, the Owner and Owner’s members, heirs, assigns, officers, directors, agents, employees, attorneys and beneficiaries from any and all liability, damages, claims, causes of action, attorney fees and court costs or financial responsibility incident to any injury, death, damage or loss suffered by either the undersigned, or an invitee or guest of the undersigned, as a result of the undersigned’s usage of the boat in any manner.
- Danger of Drowning – Owner is not responsible for determining whether or not lessee, or lessee’s invitees or guests can swim. The undersigned bears sole responsibility for determining his or her swimming skills or the swimming skills of any guest or invitee of the undersigned and the undersigned holds harmless, and agrees to indemnify, the Owner and Owner’s members, heirs, assigns, officers, directors, agents, employees, attorneys and beneficiaries from any and all liability, damages, claims, causes of action, attorney fees and court costs or financial responsibility incident to any injury, death, damage or loss suffered by either the undersigned, or an invitee or guest of the undersigned, as a result of the swimming activities, jumping from the boat or falling overboard from the boat.
- Slip and Fall – Water on a vessel’s decks, stairs or railings are dangerous and increase the chance of slipping and falling which can result in serious injury. This is a risk inherent in boating and the undersigned assumes this risk and the undersigned holds harmless, and agrees to indemnify, the Owner and Owner’s members, heirs, assigns, officers, directors, agents, employees, attorneys and beneficiaries from any and all liability, damages, claims, causes of action, attorney fees and court costs or financial responsibility incident to any injury, death, damage or loss suffered by either the undersigned, or an invitee or guest of the undersigned, as a result of slipping and/or falling on board the boat.
- The undersigned freely agrees to this all-encompassing release of liability with the understanding that being on a boat in ocean or bay can be a highly dangerous activity.
- The owner’s reserve the right to refuse service or a reservation to anyone for any reason which falls into agreement with the laws of the state of California.
- The undersigned freely agrees and understands that there will be an additional fee(s) charged to their credit card on file with our booking system. Fees include but are not limited to additional visitors / guests, excessive clean up, damages to vessel, any additional requests such as catering, party favors and decorations, champagne or flowers.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have implemented the following:
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
• By calling us
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at